* [HoTT] 2-year postdoc position on type theory in Birmingham (UK)
@ 2019-08-06 15:43 Benedikt Ahrens
From: Benedikt Ahrens @ 2019-08-06 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: homotopytypetheory

Dear all,

I would like to invite applications for a 2-year postdoctoral position
at the University of Birmingham, School of Computer Science. The
postdoctoral researcher will work with Paige Randall North (Ohio State
University) and me on a topic in the area of (homotopy) type theory;
details can be discussed.

The position is funded by the EPSRC grant "A theory of type theories",
PI Benedikt Ahrens.

The starting date of the position is somewhat flexible; it should be
between late 2019 and mid 2020.

How to apply
============

There is no official job opening yet. Interested people are encouraged
to contact me by email (b.ahrens@cs.bham.ac.uk) in the first instance to
discuss their research interests and details of the position.

About Birmingham
================

The School of Computer Science has a large and thriving Theoretical
Computer Science research group, with a particular focus on category
theory and its applications to the logical foundations of computer
science. Among our research interests are:

   - category theory and higher category theory;
   - type theory;
   - homotopy type theory and univalent foundations;
   - formal proof;
   - lambda-calculus and computational effects;
   - topology and domain theory;
   - constructive mathematics;
   - quantum computing;
   - semantics;
   - program compilation.

Our group currently has 12 permanent staff and more than a dozen PhD
students. We have a weekly seminar, as well as more informal meetings
and reading groups. Information on all of this can be found on our
webpage: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/groupings/theory/
We are regularly hosting international events in theoretical computer
science in general and type theory in particular; recently, this
included CSL 2018, 6WFTop, School and Workshop on Univalent Mathematics,
and Midlands Graduate School.

Please also distribute this advertisement to others who might be interested.

Best wishes,
Benedikt

* Re: [HoTT] 2-year postdoc position on type theory in Birmingham (UK)
@ 2019-08-06 20:50 ` andré hirschowitz
From: andré hirschowitz @ 2019-08-06 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benedikt Ahrens; +Cc: homotopytypetheory