* Birmingham Fellows: prestige posts available
@ 2017-03-03 16:46 Martin Escardo
From: Martin Escardo @ 2017-03-03 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: HomotopyT...@googlegroups.com, Types list

Permanent appointments with 5 years protected time for high-quality research
Closing date: 31 March 2017
------

Birmingham University has made a call for applications to its
"Birmingham Fellowship" posts, 40 in all across the University:

  http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/excellence/fellows/index.aspx

Despite the name these are permanent appointments, but with the first 5
years being protected time for high-quality research.

I'm sending this message on behalf of the Theory Group in the School of
Computer Science, to encourage applicants.

The Theory group specializes in bringing together diverse areas of
mathematics (such as logic, type theory, category theory, topology),
generally for applications to computer science (such as programming
languages and their semantics), but also for the intrinsic interest of
the mathematical interactions. If you don't already know of our work,
you can see more on our group page

  http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/groupings/theory/index.php

and on our individual pages linked from there.

You are welcome to make informal approaches to any of us. Dr Noam
Zeilberger <zeil...@cs.bham.ac.uk>, who was appointed as a Birmingham
Fellow in 2016 after research positions at INRIA in Paris, can give you
insights into how the scheme works in practice.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-03-03 16:42 UTC | newest]