From: Matt Oliveri <atm...@gmail.com>
To: Homotopy Type Theory <HomotopyT...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Univalence from scratch
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 19:50:46 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

The paper of Martin-Löf that you cite is about extensional type theory, not
intensional type theory. In particular, in that paper, it's not the case
that "Types are constructed together with their elements, and not by
collecting some previously existing elements." as you write. You should
probably cite something else. (Otherwise, looks good to me!)

I think the system you want was introduced in "An Intuitionistic Theory of
Types: Predicative Part" (1975)
(http://archive-pml.github.io/martin-lof/pdfs/An-Intuitionistic-Theory-of-Types-Predicative-Part-1975.pdf).
But it doesn't have a nice concise description of the formal system.