From: Jason Gross <jason...@gmail.com>
To: "Martín Hötzel Escardó" <"escardo..."@gmail.com>
Cc: Homotopy Type Theory <HomotopyT...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [HoTT] Univalence from scratch
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 01:37:57 +0000	[thread overview]

> Perhaps somebody should add a Coq "version from scratch" of this.

If you just want a straightforward transcription of the Agda code, I've
made one here:
https://gist.github.com/JasonGross/c6745e6d3ffbab3ee7034988c1b5b904

Feel free to adapt it as you desire, and use it with or without crediting
me.
The only "design decisions" of note are:
1. Making sigma types a record with primitive projections and eta is needed
to get Coq's "compute" to use projections in the normal form, rather than
"match"
2. I used "Opaque J" so that running reduction wouldn't print "match"
statements on the Id type.
3. I added a definition "isUnivalentAt" defined so that "isUnivalent := (X
Y : U) -> isUnivalentAt X Y", because I wanted to only pass universes in
the definition of isUnivalent, in a way that induced minimal clutter
4. I added some notations in "Module Short." to suppress printing of types,
to match your normal form with types elided.

-Jason