* How To Start Fetchmail in Gnus Automatically?
@ 2005-03-13  2:08 A. L.
From: A. L. @ 2005-03-13  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am a newbie in Emacs and Gnus. I encounter some problems in using
Gnus, so go to here for some help.

The problem is that when pressing 'g' in Gnus I wish Gnus can
automatically call Fetchmail in background to download mails from
server, and thereafter Gnus can read them in spool.

Could some people can give me some advices for binding Fecthmail to key
'g' in Gnus or some other alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

* Re: How To Start Fetchmail in Gnus Automatically?
@ 2005-03-14 15:28 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2005-03-14 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

"A. L." <bathing@gmail.com> writes:

> I am a newbie in Emacs and Gnus. I encounter some problems in using
> Gnus, so go to here for some help.
>
> The problem is that when pressing 'g' in Gnus I wish Gnus can
> automatically call Fetchmail in background to download mails from
> server, and thereafter Gnus can read them in spool.

The usual way to do that sort of thing is to have Gnus contact your
mail server directly, using a pop or imap mail-source.  You could
probably set up a pre-command on a file-based mail-source to run
fetchmail if you really wanted, though; C-h v mail-sources points at
(gnus)Mail Source Specifiers in the manual.

  --dzm

* Re: How To Start Fetchmail in Gnus Automatically?
@ 2005-03-15  4:08   ` A. L.
From: A. L. @ 2005-03-15  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

It does work well. Thank you very much!