* IO error when running gnus-summary-move-article ('B m')
@ 2007-04-16 20:43 cranreuch
From: cranreuch @ 2007-04-16 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I'm running Gnus (gnus-version says 'No Gnus v0.6') across an ssh
tunnel, to an imap server. I'm using nnimap.
In the summary buffer, I can use 'B m' to move articles from my main
mailbox "INBOX", to a sub-mailbox, "INBOX.2007 ". However, when I try
to move in the other direction I get the following error:

IO error reading /home/cranreuch/News/agent/nnimap/localhost/INBOX/
2007: Is a directory

Googling around "IO error reading", "gnus-summary-move-article", and
"gnus" finds nothing meaningful (to me).
Can anyone help?

thanks.

* Re: IO error when running gnus-summary-move-article ('B m')
@ 2007-04-16 20:49 ` cranreuch
From: cranreuch @ 2007-04-16 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> when I try to move [from INBOX.2007 to INBOX] I get the following error:
>
> IO error reading /home/cranreuch/News/agent/nnimap/localhost/INBOX/
> 2007: Is a directory

But in fact I've just noticed that despite the error, the move partly
succeeds. I say partly because what I actually get is a copy, not a
move. A copy of the article from INBOX.2007 appears in INBOX, but the
original stays where it is.

c.

* Re: IO error when running gnus-summary-move-article ('B m')
@ 2007-04-21  0:29   ` cranreuch
From: cranreuch @ 2007-04-21  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Just to be clear - this problem is not at all solved. I cannot move
nnimap mail from a subfolder to a containing folder without an "IO
error reading ..." error.

Any thoughts appreciated.
thx