* IMAP working, sort of, but how to subscribe to a mail as a group?
@ 2008-07-28 16:53 Ed
From: Ed @ 2008-07-28 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Howdy all!

Recently I have been converting to an IMAP mail server instead of POP,
and having some troubles.

I'm using emacs 22.2.1 and gnus 5.11.

To simplify matters I have commented out all my group sorting of
messages. All I have in my .gnus is this:

(setq imap-ssl-program "/usr/bin/openssl s_client -ssl3 -CAfile /home/
ed/ssl/ed.crt -key /home/ed/.ssh/id_dsa -connect %s:993")
(setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "mail"
                                  (nnimap-address "mail")
                                  (nnimap-server-port 993)
                                  (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX"))
                                  (nnimap-stream ssl)
))

I also deleted my .newsrc file, to start fresh, and moved my ~/Mail
subdirectory.

When I open gnus I am subscribed to no groups, but when I hit "L" I
see two:

       0: nndraft:queue
       0: nndraft:drafts

When I hit U to subscribe to a new group, there's nothing else
available.

But if I hit ^, I see:
     {nnfolder:archive} (closed)
     {nnimap:mail} (opened) (agent)

If I put point on the second line, and hit SPC, I see:
K    474: INBOX

Hitting SPC on that line, I see my email messages in a *Summary*
buffer, and can read and reply to them.

How do I get them into a group in the *Groups* buffer?

Thanks!

Ed

* Re: IMAP working, sort of, but how to subscribe to a mail as a group?
@ 2008-07-28 18:36 ` Dmitry Dzhus
From: Dmitry Dzhus @ 2008-07-28 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Ed writes:

> K    474: INBOX
>
> Hitting SPC on that line, I see my email messages in a *Summary*
> buffer, and can read and reply to them.
>
> How do I get them into a group in the *Groups* buffer?

Hitting `k` subscribes you to any killed group.
--
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

@ 2008-07-28 19:36   ` Ed
From: Ed @ 2008-07-28 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Jul 28, 12:36 pm, Dmitry Dzhus <d...@sphinx.net.ru> wrote:
> Ed writes:
> > K    474: INBOX
>
> > Hitting SPC on that line, I see my email messages in a *Summary*
> > buffer, and can read and reply to them.
>
> > How do I get them into a group in the *Groups* buffer?
>
> Hitting `k` subscribes you to any killed group.
> --
> Happy Hacking.
>
> http://sphinx.net.ru
> む

When I do this, nothing happens.

When I do M-x gnus-group-list-killed I get the message: "No killed
groups."

So what am I missing?

@ 2008-07-28 20:45   ` Dmitry Dzhus
From: Dmitry Dzhus @ 2008-07-28 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Dmitry writes:

> Ed writes:
>
>> K    474: INBOX
>>
>> Hitting SPC on that line, I see my email messages in a *Summary*
>> buffer, and can read and reply to them.
>>
>> How do I get them into a group in the *Groups* buffer?
>
> Hitting `k` subscribes you to any killed group.

Oops, that was meant to be `u`, I guess :-)
--

@ 2008-07-29 12:43     ` Ed
From: Ed @ 2008-07-29 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Jul 28, 2:45 pm, Dmitry Dzhus <d...@sphinx.net.ru> wrote:
> Dmitry writes:
> > Ed writes:
>
> >> K    474: INBOX
>
> >> Hitting SPC on that line, I see my email messages in a *Summary*
> >> buffer, and can read and reply to them.
>
> >> How do I get them into a group in the *Groups* buffer?
>
> > Hitting `k` subscribes you to any killed group.
>
> Oops, that was meant to be `u`, I guess :-)
> --
> Happy Hacking.
>
> http://sphinx.net.ru
> む

Nope. When I hit that, I get a message: "No more newsgroups."

Ed