From: Ivan Boldyrev <boldyrev@uiggm.nsc.ru.microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Renumbering articles in mail backend
Date: 18 Feb 2003 11:28:34 +0600	[thread overview]

On 8292 day of my life Kai Großjohann wrote:
> Ivan Boldyrev <boldyrev@uiggm.nsc.ru.microsoft.com> writes:

> >> Enter group with C-u RET.  Hit M P a to mark all articles.  Use B m
> >> to move them to the same group they came from.
> >
> > Useless.  It still asks whither to get 325 messages, but shows about a
> > dozen.
>
> I think that means you didn't truly move _all_ articles.  Try
> entering the group with C-u RET again, then look around for strange
> article numbers.  (Selecting an article shows you the number of that
> article in square brackets in the mode line (of the summary or the
> article buffer).)

Thank you for your detailed instructions ;)

All numbers are sequent.

OK, I moved my articles to new group and killed old one. Seems to be
OK. But it's annoying -- I can't even rename new group to old name.

> For example, it could be that you have old cached articles.  Try `Y
> c' to insert them.

There was an cached article, but I removed cache mark before sending
my previous post. And when I moved articles to another folder, old
group was empty, Gnus couldn't enter it.

May be it is a bug, but definetly it is misfeature. :(

--
Ivan Boldyrev                 remove .microsoft.com from my address
PGP fp: 3640 E637 EE3D AA51 A59F 3306 A5BD D198 5609 8673  ID 56098673