* Re: nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent not working with nnimap
       [not found]   ` <si65j2qsg1.fsf@qiuranke.phony.umn.edu>
@ 2003-10-07 18:40     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-10-07 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003, qiuranke@earthlink.net wrote:

> gnus-registry is not mentioned in the manual.

Yes, sorry about that!  It's still experimental and I don't think it's
ready for the Gnus manual.  There are instructions at the beginning of
gnus-registry.el.

> I was not quite sure what to do so I tried to put this in .gnus
>
> (require 'gnus-registry)
> (setq gnus-registry-install t)

These two should be reversed.

> (setq nnimap-split-fancy
>       '(| (: gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)
>
> However, I got the following error,
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument hash-table-p nil)
>   gethash("<66578BFC0BA55348B5907A0F798EE93013A0AE@ernesto.NASDC.ORG>"
>   nil)
>   gnus-registry-group-count("<66578BFC0BA55348B5907A0F798EE93013A0AE@ernesto.NASDC.ORG>")
>   gnus-registry-fetch-group("<66578BFC0BA55348B5907A0F798EE93013A0AE@ernesto.NASDC.ORG>")
>   #[(x) "Ä\b!�\a mapcar(#[(x) "Ä\b!�\a
>   gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent()
>   eval((gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)) nnmail-split-it((:
>   gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent))
>
> Any suggestions?

The registry is nil, meaning it has not been initialized.

> I'm using gnus 5.10.2 / emacs 21.2.

Can you please use the CVS version of Gnus and report bugs on that?
The registry depends on other parts of Gnus in CVS, so you can't
easily take it out by itself.

Thanks
Ted

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-07 18:40 UTC | newest]