* Re: Quickest back end for large mail groups?
       [not found] ` <8765jhkm98.fsf@everett.mit.edu>
@ 2003-10-02 17:43   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-10-02 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, dmaze@mit.edu wrote:

> My setup: I use spam-stat under spam.el, and have Gnus sort what
> spam-stat believes to be Eeeevil into a mail.misc.spam group.  That
> group is total-expirable and is listed as a spam group in
> gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents, so whenever I enter it I see only the
> new messages, they're automatically marked as spam (which is a
> subset of 'read'), and I look through it for things that got
> misclassified (mostly from my landlord), mark them unread, and move
> them away.  The spam.el processing automatically feeds both known
> spam and non-spam ("ham") messages into spam-stat's database when I
> exit each group.

I would use the tick mark (!) for the misclassified articles in a
spam group, and then set ham-process-destination.  Here's my
parameters for my "spam" topic:

((ham-process-destination . "nnimap+mail.lifelogs.com:mail")
 (ham-marks
  (gnus-ticked-mark)))

this way, when you exit the groups in the "spam" topic, the ticked
messages will be seen as ham and moved to the appropriate group
("nnimap+mail.lifelogs.com:mail" in my case).  HTH.

Ted

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-02 17:43 UTC | newest]