* virtual folders, virtual groups?
@ 2005-04-21 10:04 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-04-21 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

As a long time user of VM I enjoyed very much  what is called, virtual
folders.  This feature allowed  by in  my INBOX, to  select msg, whose
subject, recipients or  whatsoever satisfied a certain condition.  For
example all msg  with the subject: POSSIBLE SPAM  would  appear in one
virtual folder.

I know I can *sort* msg in  my group buffer,  but it would be handy to
create a virtual  group, in the same spirit  as above. I looked in the
documentation of virtual groups  but it does not seem  to me  the same
thing I am talking about.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: virtual folders, virtual groups?
@ 2005-04-21 13:36 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-04-21 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 21 2005, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> As a long time user of VM I enjoyed very much  what is called, virtual
> folders.  This feature allowed  by in  my INBOX, to  select msg, whose
> subject, recipients or  whatsoever satisfied a certain condition.  For
> example all msg  with the subject: POSSIBLE SPAM  would  appear in one
> virtual folder.
>
> I know I can *sort* msg in  my group buffer,  but it would be handy to
> create a virtual  group, in the same spirit  as above.

How about limiting?  `/ s POSSIBLE SPAM RET'?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: virtual folders, virtual groups?
@ 2005-04-21 15:03 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2005-04-21 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, oub@mat.ucm.es wrote:

> As a long time user of VM I enjoyed very much what is called, virtual
> folders.  This feature allowed  by in  my INBOX, to  select msg, whose
> subject, recipients or  whatsoever satisfied a certain condition.  For
> example all msg  with the subject: POSSIBLE SPAM  would  appear in one
> virtual folder.
>
> I know I can *sort* msg in my group buffer, but it would be handy to
> create a virtual  group, in the same spirit  as above. I looked in the
> documentation of virtual groups  but it does not seem  to me  the same
> thing I am talking about.

I think you just want to do a limit (in a group summary, type "/ C-h"
to see the available limits).  It's very easy to undo a limit too.

If you mean that you want preset limits, you can just use the functions
invoked by the / commands with the appropriate parameters and bind
them to a key.

This is bound to be significantly faster than entering several virtual
groups, and I can't see any difference.

Ted

* Re: virtual folders, virtual groups?
@ 2005-04-21 15:41   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-04-21 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Reiner> On Thu, Apr 21 2005, Uwe Brauer wrote:
    >> As a long time user of VM I enjoyed very much  what is called, virtual
    >> folders.  This feature allowed  by in  my INBOX, to  select msg, whose
    >> subject, recipients or  whatsoever satisfied a certain condition.  For
    >> example all msg  with the subject: POSSIBLE SPAM  would  appear in one
    >> virtual folder.
    >>
    >> I know I can *sort* msg in  my group buffer,  but it would be handy to
    >> create a virtual  group, in the same spirit  as above.

    Reiner> How about limiting?  `/ s POSSIBLE SPAM RET'?

Precisely what I was looking for, thanks

Uwe

* Re: virtual folders, virtual groups?
@ 2005-04-21 15:42   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-04-21 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Ted> I think you just want to do a limit (in a group summary, type "/ C-h"
    Ted> to see the available limits).  It's very easy to undo a limit too.

Right, thanks

Uwe

* limit also for BBDB (was: virtual folders, virtual groups?)
@ 2005-04-25  9:45   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-04-25  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Ted> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, oub@mat.ucm.es wrote:

    Ted> I think you just want to do a limit (in a group summary, type "/ C-h"
    Ted> to see the available limits).  It's very easy to undo a limit too.

I did this. I don't see a possibility to set a limit for people only
in my BBDB. Could such a feature me implemented?

Thanks

Uwe

* Re: limit also for BBDB
@ 2005-04-25 15:54     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2005-04-25 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, oub@mat.ucm.es wrote:

> I don't see a possibility to set a limit for people only in my
> BBDB. Could such a feature me implemented?

Yes.  Is anyone interested in doing it?

Ted