* Re: how to  view html mail
       [not found] <m2llqkjcf2.fsf@yahoo.com>
@ 2003-11-14 15:50 ` Ted Zlatanov
       [not found]   ` <yxdd6bpm4yj.fsf@cs1.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-shoot-me>
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-11-14 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, yah00204052@yahoo.com wrote:

> Some of the mail that I got are html file, like the following. Is
> there any way in gnus to view the html mail in plain text format?

> size="+3">T<kxfymhdwvqptn>he o<kikgdeadioi>nly<kgwklrecocwaib>
> so<klojdlgtohj>lut<kcaphkgbyvdrh>ion to
> P<kzxelzgdfmmg>en<kkluuhsbwxdeas>is

Use w3m, it's a really good text-based browser that can even display
images in your article buffer.  Get it and the w3m.el package, and
you should be ready to go in minutes.

Here are my settings, but make sure to read the installation docs.

(require 'w3m)
(setq
 mm-inline-text-html-renderer 'mm-inline-text-html-render-with-w3m
 w3m-display-inline-image t
 gnus-article-wash-function 'gnus-article-wash-html-with-w3m)

Ted

* Re: how to  view html mail
       [not found]       ` <uuzndamz8x.fsf@nbsp.nsk.su>
@ 2004-01-03  4:19         ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-01-03  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sergei Pokrovsky <pok@none.nowhere.invalid> writes:

> It is implemented, I can see images in emacs-21.3 + emacs-w3m v. 1.3.6;
> (info "(emacs-w3m)Inline Images") :

Cool.