* gnus-summary-line-format setting for "Sent Folder"
@ 2007-05-31 16:32 poppyer
From: poppyer @ 2007-05-31 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi all,

How can I set the gnus-summary-line-format such that in the "Sent
Folder", it shows "To field" rather than "From field". Obviously the
>From field is myself.

* Re: gnus-summary-line-format setting for "Sent Folder"
@ 2007-05-31 16:56 ` Mark T.B. Carroll
From: Mark T.B. Carroll @ 2007-05-31 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:

> How can I set the gnus-summary-line-format such that in the "Sent
> Folder", it shows "To field" rather than "From field". Obviously the
> From field is myself.

I don't know, but have you tried setting gnus-ignored-from-addresses?
Will that work well enough for you?

-- Mark

* Re: gnus-summary-line-format setting for "Sent Folder"
@ 2007-05-31 23:29   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-05-31 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:

>> How can I set the gnus-summary-line-format such that in the "Sent
>> Folder", it shows "To field" rather than "From field". Obviously the
>> From field is myself.

> I don't know, but have you tried setting gnus-ignored-from-addresses?
> Will that work well enough for you?

Making the summary-line-format that indicates only the To field
is not so easy.  As Mark wrote, so I think it is sufficient to
use `gnus-ignored-from-addresses'.  See the Gnus manual:

(info "(gnus)To From Newsgroups") <- Type `C-x C-e' here.

If you use No Gnus v0.4 and greater, this will also be useful:

;; Set the default values of `gnus-summary-to-prefix'
;; and `gnus-summary-newsgroup-prefix'.
(eval-after-load "gnus-sum"
  '(progn
     (add-to-list
      'gnus-newsgroup-variables
      `(gnus-summary-to-prefix . ,gnus-summary-to-prefix))
     (add-to-list
      'gnus-newsgroup-variables
      `(gnus-summary-newsgroup-prefix . ,gnus-summary-newsgroup-prefix))))

;; Use the null prefix in the archive groups.
(add-to-list 'gnus-parameters
	     '("\\`nnfolder\\+archive:"
	       (gnus-summary-to-prefix "")
	       (gnus-summary-newsgroup-prefix "")))

The "\\`nnfolder\\+archive:" should be replaced with the regexp
matching the group names that you use for archiving.

Regards,

* Re: gnus-summary-line-format setting for "Sent Folder"
@ 2007-06-01  0:04     ` poppyer
From: poppyer @ 2007-06-01  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I think gnus-ignored-from-addresses is exactly what I need.
But I just try it, and it doesn't work.
I set it to be my email address and use %f field in the
gnus-summary-line-format as well. Is there any other setting I need to note?

@ 2007-06-01  0:25       ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-06-01  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I think gnus-ignored-from-addresses is exactly what I need.
> But I just try it, and it doesn't work.
> I set it to be my email address and use %f field in the
> gnus-summary-line-format as well. Is there any other setting I need to note?

What is the version of Gnus you use (C-h v gnus-version RET)?
If it is old (such as 5.9.0) and this is the first time you set
`gnus-extra-headers' and `nnmail-extra-headers' to something,
you have to rebuild the NOV databases for the mail groups.
As for the nnml back end, type:

M-x nnml-generate-nov-databases RET

(It will take a long time.)

I don't know what to do for other back ends.  Sorry.

* Re: gnus-summary-line-format setting for "Sent Folder"
@ 2007-06-01  0:39         ` poppyer
From: poppyer @ 2007-06-01  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Cool! that is it.

I am using nnimap backend and just delete all the novcache files under ~/News

Thanks Katsumi