* gnus works with yahoo mail !
@ 2003-01-29 10:47 Faust
From: Faust @ 2003-01-29 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oort Gnus 0.14 now works well with the free Yahoo Mail service.
I am using Yahoopops 0.39 , as the interface.

See
http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/

Warning: version 0.4 ( the current version of yahoopops is broken)
Instead, download 0.39 from:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/yahoopops/yahoopops-full-win-0.3.9.exe?download

It is one meg or so download.

I am running it under Win XP but a Linux version appears to be
available too.

To set it up, just run yahoopops.
Add the following lines to your .gnus

(add-to-list 'mail-sources '(pop :server "localhost"
            :user "yourusernameonyahoomailgoeshere"
            :password "yourpasswordonyahoomailgoeshere"))

I'll email the authors and get them to add Gnus to the list
of mail readers that works with their program.

Have fun !

P.S:
Thanks to those who suggested FetchYahoo.
However, I was feeling too lazy to install Perl on my box.

I'll have a play with FetchYahoo when I get around to Perling
my box.

--

natsu-gusa ya   / tsuwamono-domo-ga   / yume no ato
summer grasses  / strong ones         / dreams site

Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldier's dreams
(Basho trans. Stryk)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-01-29 10:47 UTC | newest]