* Gnus broken in the latest Emacs build?
@ 2019-03-23 22:58 Bernardo
From: Bernardo @ 2019-03-23 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Greetings,

am i the only one seeing the problem with the latest Emacs build (Git commit
dbd6490ad49b0f088d56cdd5f04178bdd62c806a) ?

launched with:
 $ emacs -Q &

after enabling the debuger and accessing the INBOX i get this error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument vectorp #<hash-table equal 6/6 0x15869e6eae51>)
  intern-soft("nnimap+deb:INBOX" #<hash-table equal 6/6 0x15869e6eae51>)
  gnus-browse-read-group(no nil)
  gnus-browse-select-group(nil)
  funcall-interactively(gnus-browse-select-group nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-browse-select-group nil nil)
  command-execute(gnus-browse-select-group)

--
Rgds, Bernardo

* Re: Gnus broken in the latest Emacs build?
@ 2019-03-24  3:34 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-03-24  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Bernardo <bb.mail@exemail.com.au> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> am i the only one seeing the problem with the latest Emacs build (Git commit
> dbd6490ad49b0f088d56cdd5f04178bdd62c806a) ?

No, I should have posted the notice to this group as well -- you'll need
to do a "make bootstrap" after pulling this commit, in order to flush
out stale *elc files. Either that or delete all the *elc files in
lisp/gnus, and do a regular "make".

Sorry for the inconvenience! But apparently there's no way around it...

Eric

* Re: Gnus broken in the latest Emacs build?
@ 2019-03-25 19:51   ` Clemens Schüller
From: Clemens Schüller @ 2019-03-25 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english; +Cc: eric, bb.mail

Hello!

On 24. Mar. 2019 Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
> Bernardo <bb.mail@exemail.com.au> writes:

>> Greetings,
>>
>> am i the only one seeing the problem with the latest Emacs build (Git commit
>> dbd6490ad49b0f088d56cdd5f04178bdd62c806a) ?
>
> No, I should have posted the notice to this group as well -- you'll need
> to do a "make bootstrap" after pulling this commit, in order to flush
> out stale *elc files. Either that or delete all the *elc files in
> lisp/gnus, and do a regular "make".

No, I had the same error :-(

Dammit - I read this notice too late. Because I dropped out the complete
emacs git tree from my disk and recloned it from github (the git repo at
gnu.org is currently very slow).

--
Best Regards, Clemens Schüller

* Re: Gnus broken in the latest Emacs build?
@ 2019-03-26 13:42     ` Barry Fishman
From: Barry Fishman @ 2019-03-26 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 2019-03-25 20:51:39 +01, Clemens Schüller wrote:
> Dammit - I read this notice too late. Because I dropped out the complete
> emacs git tree from my disk and recloned it from github (the git repo at
> gnu.org is currently very slow).

You should be able to do a "git clean -xdf" to remove all untracked
files and directories, even ignored ones.  In most cases you can recover
a setup as long as your .git directory is healthy.

--
Barry Fishman