* Re: secondary select method same as archive method?
       [not found] <87d6jxg5om.fsf@earthlink.net>
@ 2003-04-08 10:02 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-08 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rob French <fulcrum99lists@earthlink.net> writes:

> 1) Is there any problem with setting gnus-secondary-select-methods to use
> the same nnml virtual server as gnus-archive-method? I currently have
> two nnml virtual servers, nnml+private and nnml+archive. Currently, all
> incoming mail goes into groups in nnml+private, while outgoing mail is
> split into various groups in both nnml+private and nnml+archive. From a
> logical standpoint, I see no need to have both virtual servers, so I
> want to move all the mail from one over to the other and just have one.
> Again, will this cause a problem for that virtual server to be listed in
> both gnus-secondary-select-methods and gnus-archive method?

My suggestion is to use a fully qualified group name for
gnus-message-archive-group and not to bother with
gnus-message-archive-method at all.  This has been working well for
me for years now.

For example, (setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnml+private:outgoing").

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-08 10:02 UTC | newest]