* Re: Gnus "beeping" constantly
       [not found] ` <m3adfu141l.fsf@quimbies.gnus.org>
@ 2003-03-26 16:42   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-26 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Chris L <chrisl_ak@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Any idea why Gnus would constantly be causing system beeps? For some
>> reason, every time I enter a newsgroup, or move from message to
>> message, I get a system beep.
>
> [...]
>
>> I have visible bell set to true (and it is working, generally), but
>> there is no flashing to accompany the beep.
>
> Weird.  Unfortunately, `ding' is a built-in function, so you can't
> `debug-on-entry' it, which makes it difficult to track down the
> problem.

Maybe it works to set ring-bell-function to `debug'?  Just a stab in
the dark.

* Re: Gnus "beeping" constantly
       [not found] <87smtrckyl.fsf@hotmail.com>
@ 2003-03-13 17:15 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found] ` <m3adfu141l.fsf@quimbies.gnus.org>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-13 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris L <chrisl_ak@hotmail.com> writes:

> Any idea why Gnus would constantly be causing system beeps? For some
> reason, every time I enter a newsgroup, or move from message to
> message, I get a system beep.

Weird.  Is it earcons?  They allow you to write *flush* in the
message and then hear a sound.