* Junk article number -1
@ 2003-01-13 22:36 Michael Below
       [not found] ` <m34r8br4tv.fsf@quimbies.gnus.org>
From: Michael Below @ 2003-01-13 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

when I fetch messages into the agent with J s I sometimes see this
message appearing in the messagebuffer. This article number doesn't
really look sane... Is this the way things are meant to be?

Michael
--
Der hohe Anteil an Dienstreisen fällt auf.
			Niklas Luhmann, Die Weltgesellschaft, ARSP 1971, 8

* Re: Junk article number -1
       [not found]     ` <87vg0r8kn0.fsf@antithese.de>
@ 2003-01-15  7:01       ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-15  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Below <mbelow@antithese.de> writes:

> Is it possible that this message number is caused by my way of reading
> news? I. E. I have set up an emacs -f gnus-agent-batch that is
> executed on each ip-up (PPP connection), and often I am reading news
> in plugged mode while this batch thing is happening. So there are two
> emacsen accessing the article database at the same time.
>
> Should I stop doing this?

I think so.  You could do the batch fetching from a slave Gnus.  (I
don't know how to start a slave Gnus in batch mode, though.)
--
Ambibibentists unite!