* Using different identities based on address
@ 2003-05-02 19:09 Victor S. Miller
From: Victor S. Miller @ 2003-05-02 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using Oort 0.14 Emacs 20.7.1 on my rh 7 linux box.  When sending
mail I use the gnus default which goes directly to the remote smtp
server.  However some sites (e.g. aol.com) are blocking this because
my provider (comcast.net) has asked them to.  So, when sending mail to
recipients at aol.com I would like gnus to use the comcast smtp server
instead.  What is the easiest way to get gnus to do this?

Victor

* Re: Using different identities based on address
@ 2003-05-03 15:44 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-03 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

victor@algebraic.org (Victor S. Miller) writes:

> I'm using Oort 0.14 Emacs 20.7.1 on my rh 7 linux box.  When sending
> mail I use the gnus default which goes directly to the remote smtp
> server.  However some sites (e.g. aol.com) are blocking this because
> my provider (comcast.net) has asked them to.  So, when sending mail to
> recipients at aol.com I would like gnus to use the comcast smtp server
> instead.  What is the easiest way to get gnus to do this?

Do you use smtpmail.el?  If so, you could set smtpmail-smtp-server or
smtpmail-default-smtp-server locally to that group, by putting an
entry in the Local Variables section you get with `G c'.

You probably have to say (add-to-list 'gnus-newsgroup-variables
'smtpmail-smtp-server) or the equivalent statement for the other
variable, as well.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)