* Best way to keep 3 machines sync'ed
@ 2003-05-02 15:41 Jason Dufair
       [not found] ` <v97k99wbnf.fsf@crpppc215.epfl.ch>
From: Jason Dufair @ 2003-05-02 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

So I have 3 machines I use frequently.  I'm running Gnus 5.10 on all of
them now.  I share a .emacs and .gnus file between them.  I have access
to news server A from my 2 machines at home and news server B from my
machine at work.  I also access my 2 IMAP accounts from all 3.

What's the best way to keep them all so I don't have to read the same
news articles 3 times?  If I copy my .newsrc, will it work across 2 news
servers?  Will it keep track of what I've read on Slashdot also?  Do I
need/want to copy my .newsrc.eld?  Inquiring minds want to know... (TIA)

--
Jason Dufair - jase@dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/
-- George Bush, Jr. - New Britain, Conn., April 18, 2001

* Re: Best way to keep 3 machines sync'ed
       [not found] ` <v97k99wbnf.fsf@crpppc215.epfl.ch>
@ 2003-05-02 18:40   ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2003-05-02 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

marcuirl <marcuirl@imap.no2this.cc> writes:

>> What's the best way to keep them all so I don't have to read the same
>> news articles 3 times?  If I copy my .newsrc, will it work across 2 news
>> servers?  Will it keep track of what I've read on Slashdot also?  Do I
>> need/want to copy my .newsrc.eld?  Inquiring minds want to know... (TIA)
>
> I too have a similar situation to this above, maybe a little simpler!

While we're at it: The same goes for me. I want a options which tells
Gnus: "Put the MID of every article you mark read in a file" and a
command "update .newsrc from the file foo which contains MIDs of already
know articles".

--
WANTED: A nice signature
REWARD: none

@ 2003-05-03 15:55 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-03 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason Dufair <jase@dufair.org> writes:

> So I have 3 machines I use frequently.  I'm running Gnus 5.10 on all of
> them now.  I share a .emacs and .gnus file between them.  I have access
> to news server A from my 2 machines at home and news server B from my
> machine at work.  I also access my 2 IMAP accounts from all 3.

This is difficult.  Is there some way for you to always use one
machine for reading?  Maybe you have a laptop...

You could install Leafnode on that machine to fetch from all the news
servers, or just set up Gnus for all news servers involved.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)