* Can I leave mails on server when pop?
@ 2003-04-30 13:51 Hongzheng Wang
From: Hongzheng Wang @ 2003-04-30 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I'm a newbie to gnus.
A book, "teach you emacs in 24 hours", introduce me to use gnus.
And I find this program is very interesting, :-)

Well. I get email from a server through POP. I wanna know whether
can I leave mails on server when I pop them?
I found a URL
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq8.html
It said how to leave mails on server when use rmail or vm, however,
is that way suitable for gnus?
Or, is there another way to do it?

BTW: Does gnus support multi pop accounts? What should I write in .emacs?

Thank you.

* Re: Can I leave mails on server when pop?
@ 2003-04-30 14:24 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-30 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hongzheng Wang <wanghz@tu173044.tsinghua.edu.cn> writes:

> Well. I get email from a server through POP. I wanna know whether
> can I leave mails on server when I pop them?

Franklin Lee has written epop3.el or epop3mail.el, an extension of
pop3.el which does this.  The functionality has been integrated into
the XEmacs version of pop3.el, but not the Emacs version.

> Or, is there another way to do it?

You could use fetchmail, an external program.

> BTW: Does gnus support multi pop accounts? What should I write in .emacs?

(setq mail-sources '((pop ...first.entry...)
                     (pop ...second.entry...)))

--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)