* Re: mailing a highlighted region & oort send at specified time (C-c C-j) question
       [not found] <a7043d61.0301310311.2868a3d2@posting.google.com>
@ 2003-01-31 12:22 ` Reiner Steib
       [not found]   ` <84wuklcokw.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
       [not found] ` <84r8atqz5l.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-01-31 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jan 31 2003, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:

> When I use Oort C-c C-j (send at specified time) , mails get saved
> in drafts/delayed but it never goes out!  [...]  Should there be
> some timer/daemon running to push the mail out?

Did you setup `gnus-delay-initialize' as described in the manual?
(Info-goto-node "(gnus)Delayed Articles"); <== Press C-x C-e here!

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

@ 2003-02-01 17:56     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-02-01 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jan 31 2003, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:
>
>> Did you setup `gnus-delay-initialize' as described in the manual?
[...]
> So should C-c C-j look if that has been done and complain if not?

Good idea.  Although this doesn't seem to be the point for Sivaram.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: mailing a highlighted region & oort send at specified time (C-c C-j) question
       [not found]         ` <84y94xu0fb.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-02-04  3:31           ` Sivaram Neelakantan
       [not found]             ` <84el6otv3d.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2003-02-04  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann wrote in message news:<84y94xu0fb.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>...
> sivaramn@sunguru.com (Sivaram Neelakantan) writes:
>
> > ((group (format "nndraft:%s" gnus-delay-group)) is : "nndraft:delayed"
> > (message-send-hook (copy-sequence message-send-hook)) is nil
> >
> > (when (gnus-gethash group gnus-newsrc-hashtb) is nil and it jumps
> > right out of the func and exits the gnus-delay-send-queue with a
> > series of 'nil's.
>
> Gah?  Hitting C-c C-j should have created the group.  Does the group
> exist?  Why is it not in gnus-newsrc-hashtb, then?
>
> But I get the same thing!  Hm.  How to check whether the group exists?

But I do seem to have it.

gnus-newsrc-hashtb's value is
[0 0.... nndir:/News/drafts/delayed 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0]

& my group buffer is
       0: nnimap+10.200.xx.xx:Deleted Items
       0: nnimap+10.200.xx.xx:Sent Items
       0: nnimap+10.200.xx.xx:INBOX
       5: nndraft:drafts
       0: nndraft:queue
       3: nndir:/News/drafts/delayed
I think, I set up the delayed group using "view directory as group" or
something like that.
Does this help?  Maybe I should file a gnus bug report?

regards
Sivaram

* Re: mailing a highlighted region & oort send at specified time (C-c C-j) question-Solved!
       [not found]               ` <a7043d61.0302040347.72c4c278@posting.google.com>
@ 2003-02-04 15:27                 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-02-04 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

sivaramn@sunguru.com (Sivaram Neelakantan) writes:

> It's a bug that gnus-delay.el does not create/add the group to the
> groups buffer and hashtable, isn't it?

Yes, and I tried to fix it.  New version in CVS in a few minutes.
--
A turnip curses Elvis