* sorting by last date of thread
@ 2003-03-12 18:25 Hubert Canon
       [not found] ` <848yvkbcbo.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
From: Hubert Canon @ 2003-03-12 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I want to sort my threads by reverse date, but instead of the date of
the first article, I would prefer to use the date of the most recent
article of the thread. How is it possible to do that ?

Please excuse my poor english

* Re: sorting by last date of thread
       [not found]   ` <uadfzwndp.fsf@bitjungle_com.invalid>
@ 2003-03-13 12:03     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-13 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vidar Gundersen <vbg-news@bitjungle_com.invalid> writes:

> ;; Sorting articles by date in reverse order
> (setq gnus-article-sort-functions
>       '(gnus-article-sort-by-number
>         (gnus-summary-sort-by-date t)))

Does it work to say this?

(setq gnus-article-sort-functions
      '(gnus-article-sort-by-number
        (not gnus-summary-sort-by-date)))

It's undocumented...

* Re: sorting by last date of thread
@ 2003-03-13 13:01       ` Vidar Gundersen
From: Vidar Gundersen @ 2003-03-13 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

===== Original message from Kai Großjohann | Thu, 13 Mar 2003:
> Does it work to say this?
> (setq gnus-article-sort-functions
>       '(gnus-article-sort-by-number
>         (not gnus-summary-sort-by-date)))

no.

  ** gnus-summary-sort-by-date called with 2 arguments, but accepts only 0-1

@ 2003-03-14 12:10   ` Hubert Canon
From: Hubert Canon @ 2003-03-14 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) disait le 12.03.03 que :

> Hubert Canon <Hubert.Canon@alussinan.org> writes:
>
>> I want to sort my threads by reverse date, but instead of the date of
>> the first article, I would prefer to use the date of the most recent
>> article of the thread. How is it possible to do that ?
>
> See function gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number.  New in Oort.

Thank you, bu this function doesn't seem to be affected to a key :

C-c C-s C-r	gnus-summary-sort-by-random
C-c C-s C-o	gnus-summary-sort-by-original
C-c C-s TAB	gnus-summary-sort-by-score
C-c C-s C-d	gnus-summary-sort-by-date
C-c C-s C-s	gnus-summary-sort-by-subject
C-c C-s C-a	gnus-summary-sort-by-author
C-c C-s C-c	gnus-summary-sort-by-chars
C-c C-s C-l	gnus-summary-sort-by-lines
C-c C-s C-n	gnus-summary-sort-by-number