* Re: About certain msgs not downloading with agent
       [not found] <e7087fa6371642eb9192abd60864a2fd@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2017-05-24 12:22 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-05-24 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 11:55, Harry Putnam wrote:

[...]

> What seems peculiar is that I can open and read them so its clear they
> are on the pool and not expired or canceled or the like.

How large are they?  Do they have attachments?
--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: About certain msgs not downloading with agent
@ 2017-05-24 18:51   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2017-05-24 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> On Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 11:55, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> What seems peculiar is that I can open and read them so its clear they
>> are on the pool and not expired or canceled or the like.
>
> How large are they?  Do they have attachments?

The first has 5 lines (not counting blanks), no attachments

The second has 21 lines (not counting blanks), no attachment

I forgot to mention that the agent predicate is `true' so should
include everything.

One thing that might matter I guess, is that both are the start of a
thread  1st with 2 msgs, 2nd with 3.

But in this particular group there are now 55,000 more msgs, and many,
many threads... so their position in threads is definitely not unique.

Am I wrong to think if the message can be opened and read, that it
should also be downloadable?

If you noticed the date on the msgs and in fact there companions in
the threads as well, are all from 2003.  But I checked to the first
300 msgs in the group and all are 2003 so that must not be a factor
either.

* Re: About certain msgs not downloading with agent
@ 2017-05-24 21:01   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2017-05-24 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sorry: didn't mean to send a message like below to you by email

> On Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 11:55, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> What seems peculiar is that I can open and read them so its clear they
>> are on the pool and not expired or canceled or the like.
>
> How large are they?  Do they have attachments?

(See previous post about your question above)

I just discovered something else peculiar about these msgs; If I try
to put gnus-summary-mark-as-dormant (`SHIFT-?') on them; instead of
seeing the face I have for that I see an actual `?' appear at the 4th
space from the left of my Summary lines. The first space after one
reserved for the thread count.

So in my summary line from the left:

+ 2? 12-Nov [...]
  ^^

PS - I hadn't noticed at first but any message that is marked as
dormant gets that `?' in summary line... the only difference on the
peculiar msgs is that my face for dorman doesn't appear on them too.

So may not be as good a clue as I thought.  But the failure of dormant
face to appear must be telling us something...

* About certain msgs not downloading with agent
@ 2017-05-24 11:55 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2017-05-24 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Running
  emacs GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit,
   Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2017-01-01

 Gnus v5.13

I've been downloading very old and up to present posts in certain
newsgroups.

I've noticed there are certain posts that will not download.

What seems peculiar is that I can open and read them so its clear they
are on the pool and not expired or canceled or the like.

Still all efforts of marking with (%) and then with #, then calling
`J s' which is supposed to download a marked message.

And: That process has downloaded many thousands of messages since I started
this project, but will not get certain msgs.

The most recent two I've hit are:

  From: Alexander Dalloz <alexander.dalloz@uni-bielefeld.de>
  Subject: Re: smtp auth redhat9 problem
  Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
  Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:45:04 +0200 (13 years, 44 weeks, 10 hours ago)

and

  From: "Frank Apap" <gunygoogoo@yahoo.com>
  Subject: Mail Send FROM names
  Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
  Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:51:08 GMT (13 years, 44 weeks, 8 hours ago)

Note the dates

I can see and read the full msg... but they will not download.
And yes, I am in `plugged' mode.

Can anyone take and informed guess as to why this is so?