* Re: error: w32-shell-execute is void
       [not found]   ` <84k6y5px2z.fsf@redpeanut.com>
@ 2004-06-18 15:15     ` David Hanak
From: David Hanak @ 2004-06-18 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, David Fisher <fishboy@SPAMredSPAMpeanutSPAM.com wrote:

> David Hanak <dhanakDONT@isisSEND.vanderbiltME.eduSPAM> writes:
>
>> w32-shell-execute should be built-in a function, not a variable:

[...]
> Thanks, I'm using Cygwin.  A post I found searching google sugested
> the (setq solution and I got it stuck in my head that it was a
> variable.  I'll just have to dig up a function definition now.

But its built-in, i.e., it should be defined in the emacs executable,
and not as a lisp function.

Have you tried upgrading Gnus?

--
David Hanak - Research Engineer
Institute for Software Integrated Systems  |  http://www.isis.vanderbilt.edu

* Re: error: w32-shell-execute is void
@ 2004-06-18 18:39       ` David Fisher
       [not found]         ` <87wu24hcpu.fsf@koldfront.dk>
From: David Fisher @ 2004-06-18 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hanak <dhanakDONT@isisSEND.vanderbiltME.eduSPAM> writes:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, David Fisher <fishboy@SPAMredSPAMpeanutSPAM.com wrote:
>
> > David Hanak <dhanakDONT@isisSEND.vanderbiltME.eduSPAM> writes:
> >
> >> w32-shell-execute should be built-in a function, not a variable:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > Thanks, I'm using Cygwin.  A post I found searching google
> > sugested the (setq solution and I got it stuck in my head that it
> > was a variable.  I'll just have to dig up a function definition
> > now.
>
> But its built-in, i.e., it should be defined in the emacs
> executable, and not as a lisp function.
>
> Have you tried upgrading Gnus?

[...]

Nope, I downloaded the latest 5.10.6 but then noticed it's a beta.
I'm not in a beta testing mood.  I figure I should be able to fake up
something using start-process or shell-execute and explorer.exe.  I
just haven't programed any lisp in 15 years.

       [not found]           ` <84smcss1jx.fsf@redpeanut.com>
@ 2004-06-21 17:49             ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2004-06-21 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:47:26 GMT, David wrote:

>> As far as I know, 5.10.6 is the latest stable release?

> [...]

> "This package contains a beta version of Gnus. The lisp directory
> contains the source lisp files, and the texi directory contains a
> draft of the Gnus info pages."

> first lines of the README file.

I think that's a case of "whoops, forgot to update the README at
release-time":

 <http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.announce/cutoff=48>

Non-stable releases go by names such as "Oort Gnus" (previous
developement series) and "No Gnus" (current developement series).

  Best regards,

--
 "Girl, you thought he was a man                              Adam Sjøgren
  But he was a muffin"                                   asjo@koldfront.dk

@ 2004-06-27 10:39             ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-06-27 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Fisher <fishboy@SPAMredSPAMpeanutSPAM.com writes:

> "This package contains a beta version of Gnus.  The lisp directory
> contains the source lisp files, and the texi directory contains a
> draft of the Gnus info pages."

I think that's just Lars's understatement.

Kai