* How can I protect the gnus structure?
@ 2019-02-11 19:35 joakim
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: joakim @ 2019-02-11 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

I misstakenly kill and/or unsubscribe groups pretty often.
Also I randomly seem to press TAB, breaking my gnus topic structure.

I would like to have some way to guard against such changes, perhaps
with a prompt. Any idea how to do this?

--
Joakim Verona
joakim@verona.se

* Re: How can I protect the gnus structure?
@ 2019-02-11 20:05 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-02-11 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

joakim@verona.se writes:

> Hello,
>
> I misstakenly kill and/or unsubscribe groups pretty often.
> Also I randomly seem to press TAB, breaking my gnus topic structure.
>
> I would like to have some way to guard against such changes, perhaps
> with a prompt. Any idea how to do this?

That happened to me a lot, and I did this:

(eval-after-load "gnus-topic"
  '(progn
     (define-key gnus-topic-mode-map [tab] nil)
     (define-key gnus-topic-mode-map "\C-i" nil)
     ;; I keep deleting groups by accident.
     (define-key gnus-topic-mode-map (kbd "C-k") nil)
     (define-key gnus-topic-mode-map (kbd "c") nil)
     (define-key gnus-topic-mode-map (kbd "C c") #'gnus-topic-catchup-articles)))

* Re: How can I protect the gnus structure?
@ 2019-02-11 20:14 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2019-02-11 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

joakim wrote:

> I misstakenly kill and/or unsubscribe groups
> pretty often. Also I randomly seem to press
> TAB, breaking my gnus topic structure.

How about just assigning those actions to more
complicated keys which you won't hit randomly
that easily? :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

From: Emanuel Berg @ 2019-02-11 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

@ 2019-02-11 20:39   ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2019-02-11 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> joakim@verona.se writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I misstakenly kill and/or unsubscribe groups pretty often.
>> Also I randomly seem to press TAB, breaking my gnus topic structure.
>>
>> I would like to have some way to guard against such changes, perhaps
>> with a prompt. Any idea how to do this?
>
> That happened to me a lot, and I did this:
>
> (eval-after-load "gnus-topic"
>   '(progn
>      (define-key gnus-topic-mode-map [tab] nil)
>      (define-key gnus-topic-mode-map "\C-i" nil)
>      ;; I keep deleting groups by accident.
>      (define-key gnus-topic-mode-map (kbd "C-k") nil)
>      (define-key gnus-topic-mode-map (kbd "c") nil)
>      (define-key gnus-topic-mode-map (kbd "C c") #'gnus-topic-catchup-articles)))

Thanks! I will try this!

--
Joakim Verona
joakim@verona.se