* gnus-summary-pipe-output and headers
@ 2004-06-26 10:16 Peter Simons
       [not found] ` <864qoynjax.fsf@rumba.de.uu.net>
From: Peter Simons @ 2004-06-26 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

is there any way to make 'gnus-summary-pipe-output' (a.k.a.
'O p' in the *Summary* buffer) include _all_ headers into
the message, regardless of which headers I was seeing in the
*Article* buffer when I issued to command?

I tried setting

 '(gnus-save-all-headers t)

..., but that didn't change 'gnus-summary-pipe-output'
behavior at all. So I set

 '(gnus-show-all-headers t)

..., which does the trick, but has the side-effect that I,
well, see all headers all the time -- which is not what I
originally wanted either.

Any ideas anyone?

Peter

P. S.: I need to forward messages into my spam filter to
train it after it has made an error, but it has to see all
headers, not just the ones which are usually visible. And
just hitting 't' before piping the message is bound to be
forgotten half of the time.

* Re: gnus-summary-pipe-output and headers
       [not found] ` <864qoynjax.fsf@rumba.de.uu.net>
@ 2004-06-26 21:43   ` Peter Simons
       [not found]     ` <86eko18f63.fsf@rumba.de.uu.net>
From: Peter Simons @ 2004-06-26 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann writes:

 > I guess you can extend spam.el such that it grosk your
 > spam filter, too.

What is spam.el? Apparently it's not part of the standard
distribution?

Peter

@ 2004-06-27 10:50       ` Peter Simons
From: Peter Simons @ 2004-06-27 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann writes:

 > Should be part of Gnus 5.10...

I see. Apparently, Emacs 21.3.1 still comes with Gnus 5.9.0.
Oh well, I will see what I can do. Thank for the advice!

Peter

@ 2004-06-30 15:08 ` Raphaël Berbain
From: Raphaël Berbain @ 2004-06-30 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Simons <simons@cryp.to> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there any way to make 'gnus-summary-pipe-output' (a.k.a.
> 'O p' in the *Summary* buffer) include _all_ headers into
> the message, regardless of which headers I was seeing in the
> *Article* buffer when I issued to command?
>
> I tried setting
>
>  '(gnus-save-all-headers t)
>
> ..., but that didn't change 'gnus-summary-pipe-output'
> behavior at all. So I set
>
>  '(gnus-show-all-headers t)
>
> ..., which does the trick, but has the side-effect that I,
> well, see all headers all the time -- which is not what I
> originally wanted either.

Actually, my guess is that (depending on your setup) it doesn't really
do what you want either (meaning if it does, you are lucky): It
includes 'pseudo' headers (I don't know how to call them..) - here I
get extraneous X-Sent & X-Boundary headers.

> Any ideas anyone?

In my spam reporting function, I use:

(gnus-summary-show-raw-article)
(gnus-summary-save-in-pipe "command")