* Summary buffer highlighting/colouring with Agent
@ 2017-07-22  9:07 Richmond
From: Richmond @ 2017-07-22  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I am using xterm.

When I switch on Agent for a server I find the colouring changes in the
summary buffers. I think it is on all but one group. The colour has
changed to blue/grey as if the articles have been read, whereas they normally
appear in the foreground colour.

This also happens using gtk but the colours are different.

Why does it happen? What is the meaning of the colours? I haven't used a
face. I have a gnus-summary-line-format but it is just spacing etc.

(For those watching in black and white, the text that I am typing now is
in the foreground colour, but the header's names above are in blue/grey)

* Re: Summary buffer highlighting/colouring with Agent
@ 2017-07-22 11:12 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2017-07-22 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Richmond writes:

> When I switch on Agent for a server I find the colouring changes in the
> summary buffers.

Does running M-x describe-face with point on some of the colour-changed
text give any clues?

Maybe turning on the agent triggers the use of the
gnus-summary.*undownloaded faces?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "we push onward. to you, it is 2005, to us, it is            Adam Sjøgren
  2011. we are always far ahead."                        asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Summary buffer highlighting/colouring with Agent
@ 2017-07-22 12:58   ` Richmond
From: Richmond @ 2017-07-22 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Richmond writes:
>
>> When I switch on Agent for a server I find the colouring changes in the
>> summary buffers.
>
> Does running M-x describe-face with point on some of the colour-changed
> text give any clues?
>
> Maybe turning on the agent triggers the use of the
> gnus-summary.*undownloaded faces?

Yes that's it. It is using gnus-summary-normal-undownloaded, which is
cyan4, which to me looks the same as gnus-summary-normal-ancient, which
is RoyalBlue.

Thanks.