* Re: can't select group
       [not found]   ` <84smuosg0g.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-02-16 12:07     ` Peter Wu
From: Peter Wu @ 2003-02-16 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Peter Wu <peterwu@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > The mails are spooled at:
> >
> > ~/.incoming/inbox.spool
> > ~/.incoming/lists/freebsd-fs.spool
> >
> > and I want Gnus to move the mails respectively to:
> >
> > ~/Mail/inbox
> > ~/Mail/lists/freebsd-fs
> >
> > Can anyone help me with this? TIA!
>
> Won't work.  You've got to spool it to
> ~/.incoming/lists.freebsd-fs.spool, if you want it to end up in the
> group nnml:lists.freebsd-fs (or nnfolder or nnmaildir...).
>
> Note "." instead of "/" in the filename.

It works now. Thanks! :)

--
Peter Wu

* Can't select group
@ 2015-11-18 15:53 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2015-11-18 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I quite often run into the problem of groups that can't be read ("Can't
select group" error message). They are maildirs synchronized through
offlineimap and accessed as nnimap backends through dovecot. The only
solution I foud is to kill it (gnus-group-kill-group) and subscribe it
again. What could be going wrong ?

Julien.