* automatically deleting messages
@ 2008-09-11 16:56 Seb
From: Seb @ 2008-09-11 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I'd like to just delete incoming messages from a particular address and
this part of the manual seems relevant:

,-----[ (info "(gnus)Fancy Mail Splitting") lines: 5019 - 5022 ]
| `junk'
|      If the split is the symbol `junk', then don't save (i.e., delete)
|      this message.  Use with extreme caution.
`-----

I'm not sure I understand how to use it, so does someone have a working
example?  Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Seb

* Re: automatically deleting messages
@ 2008-09-23 19:33 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-09-23 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, Sep 11 2008, Seb wrote:

> ,-----[ (info "(gnus)Fancy Mail Splitting") lines: 5019 - 5022 ]
> | `junk'
> |      If the split is the symbol `junk', then don't save (i.e., delete)
> |      this message.  Use with extreme caution.
> `-----
>
> I'm not sure I understand how to use it, so does someone have a working
> example?

Untested:

   (from "spluque@gmail.com" junk)

When using `B q' on your message, Gnus says:

  "This message would go to no groups"

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,