* Re: Fight spam with BBDB database?
       [not found]   ` <y5au65aho3z1.fsf@irp-view5.cisco.com>
@ 2004-05-28  3:17     ` Paul Johnson
From: Paul Johnson @ 2004-05-28  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Wellum <rwellum@cisco.com> writes:

> David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:
>
> It looks cool - but my idea behind using BBDB was for the simplicity -
> this is just too complicated.

How so?  You just put that in your .gnus.el and let it fly...simple
copy, paste, restart gnus...

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo@ursine.ca>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: Fight spam with BBDB database?
       [not found] ` <y68k6yyix1j.fsf@multics.mit.edu>
@ 2004-05-27  7:57   ` Christian Lynbech
       [not found]   ` <y5au65aho3z1.fsf@irp-view5.cisco.com>
From: Christian Lynbech @ 2004-05-27  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

David> Richard Wellum <rwellum@cisco.com> writes:
>> It's just an idea, wanted to see if it was possible. Could I filter all
>> email from users not in my BBDB database into a SPAM folder? That way I
>> could run through the SPAM folder periodically, if there is a legitimate
>> email in there I simply add to my BBDB database, and the next time it
>> will go into my Inbox?

David> That's not a great way to hunt for spam

I agree, however BBDB can still be very helpfull.

What I do is that I split mail into various mailinglist folders and
then I have two folders for the rest.

One folder is for personal mail and I use the BBDB for that. If the
sender has an entry in BBDB, the mail goes to "personal", otherwise
it goes to "misc". This means that I get all important mail separated
from the rest with all the spam winding up in "misc" (and the mailing
list folders).

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)