* my.gnus.org site update
@ 2003-11-20 23:23 Robin S. Socha
From: Robin S. Socha @ 2003-11-20 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Actually, you write the announcement first and *then* switch the site,
but whoever thought we were normal...

We take maybe more than just a little pride in presenting you the
latest version of http://my.gnus.org/ and there really isn't that much
to say about it:

- We've decided to replace Zope with Drupal. You should notice various
  enhancements including stability and speed;

- We've managed to salvage the account data, so your old logins still
  work. The old member sites will stay online for some time, but
  please take whatever needs taking and incorporate it in the new
  site;

- The Whole Truth is here: <http://my.gnus.org/node/view/38>.

Among the things that now really work are:

- *PROJECTS*! If you do anything that says "I'm a Gnus related
   project", please do feel free to submit it and make MGO a one-stop
   shopping center not only for documentation and Lisp snippets but
   also your code;

- FAQ (organized as a project);

- HowTos (organized as collaborative books, a great enhancement over
  what we had before);

- Screenshots (both personal and public);

- Code archive (without automatic syntax highlighting, but overall
  better organized);

- Blogs. Yes. You can now have blogs at MGO, too...

Great, big kudos to (in no particular order):

- Gerhard Killesreiter for an absolutely marvellous job with Drupal
  and many small things to make your stay at MGO more worthwhile;

- Sebastian D.B. Krause for major help with the webserver;

- Raymond Scholz for a lot of PHP work and the zonixtemplate-theme
  (viewable only to members, like quite a few other things...);

- Kai Haberzettl for the chuckles - and the rest of the Temple of Hate
  Krew for loads of fun while fscking up stuff that wasn't broken;

- my SO for letting me waste far too much time trying to understand
  technical stuff.

So: Enjoy MGO and don't forget to submit whatever you've got - it's
your site after all.

On behalf of the MGO Team,
Robin

P.S. If you need urgent assistance or are generally bored, drop by
#gnus on irc.freenode.net.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-11-20 23:23 UTC | newest]