* IMAP, gnus, and the messages that don't want to go away
@ 2008-09-07  5:00 Pierfrancesco Caci
       [not found] ` <mailman.18671.1220812812.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Pierfrancesco Caci @ 2008-09-07  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,
I use gnus to read my mail with the IMAP backend. I have some messages
that keep reappearing in the summary even if the message itself was
deleted long ago. Gnus will let me mark them as expirable, but it will
not let me delete them completely. As I said, the body of the mail is
not there, just gnus think it is. How can I have gnus realize that
those imap groups are empty ?

Thanks
Pf

--
Pierfrancesco Caci

* Re: IMAP, gnus, and the messages that don't want to go away
@ 2008-09-07 18:33 ` Adam Rooke
       [not found] ` <mailman.18671.1220812812.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Adam Rooke @ 2008-09-07 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I think this is due to gnus agent - I had a similar issue a few weeks
ago. Try adding this to your .gnus to see if it helps:

(setq gnus-agent nil)

Cheers,
Adam

@ 2008-09-07 18:50   ` Pierfrancesco Caci
From: Pierfrancesco Caci @ 2008-09-07 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

    Adam> I think this is due to gnus agent - I had a similar issue a
    Adam> few weeks ago. Try adding this to your .gnus to see if it
    Adam> helps:

    Adam> (setq gnus-agent nil)

looks like it solved the problem, thank you!

This machine is always "plugged" so I don't really need the agent.

Pf

--
Pierfrancesco Caci