* gnus-slave problem @)x_C2fgA~Wi&@/V"f6vs*B.1`(};T=]?M6O;HvGS
@ 2004-06-03 15:01 Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2004-06-03 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been keeping a window open at work, with an ssh connection to my
machine at home where I get the home email.  At home, I have an emacs
that stays on for weeks, with a frame running gnus, with lots of
groups for email and news.

At work, I've been invoking gnus-slave, and saving pretty often as the
connection goes down a couple of times a day.

This is working as I expected for mail -- in general, if I have either
saved before changing locations, or I read the auto-save file, I don't
end up reading the same email twice.

However, for news, I seem to have something screwed up.  The home gnus
session never seems to see any that I haven't read any more, and the
work gnus-slave session always starts with all the news for the last
couple of weeks listed as unread.

The news that isn't being accounted for correctly is coming from a
server specified as:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "bos.news.speakeasy.net"))

Am I doing something wrong?

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-06-03 15:01 UTC | newest]