* Gnus git repository not available?
@ 2016-09-18 16:50 nospam
From: nospam @ 2016-09-18 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

http://gnus.org/distribution.html

says that one can clone the Gnus git repository with

git clone http://git.gnus.org/gnus.git

but git disagrees:

Cloning into 'gnus'...
fatal: repository 'http://git.gnus.org/gnus.git/' not found

I recall that that used to work, has something changed?

Many thanks,

-- S.

* Re: Gnus git repository not available?
@ 2016-09-18 17:34 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2016-09-18 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

nospam@curso.re writes:

> I recall that that used to work, has something changed?

Yes, something has changed.  Gnus is now developed only as part of
emacs, and there's no separate Gnus repository anymore.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Gnus git repository not available?
@ 2016-09-18 17:44   ` nospam
From: nospam @ 2016-09-18 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> nospam@curso.re writes:
>
>> I recall that that used to work, has something changed?
>
> Yes, something has changed.  Gnus is now developed only as part of
> emacs, and there's no separate Gnus repository anymore.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

OK thanks,

may I suggest that the information on the website is updated then?
Otherwise you may get more puzzled emails like this one.

Thanks for developing Gnus.

@ 2016-10-07 16:41     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2016-10-07 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

nospam@curso.re writes:

>>> I recall that that used to work, has something changed?
>>
>> Yes, something has changed.  Gnus is now developed only as part of
>> emacs, and there's no separate Gnus repository anymore.
>
> OK thanks,
>
> may I suggest that the information on the website is updated then?

That would be good but I don't have write access to the website.

Bye,
Tassilo