* Re: Killing/hiding news crossposted to gmane.spam.detected
       [not found] <mailman.2151.1176759603.7795.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2007-04-17 13:58 ` CHENG Gao
       [not found]   ` <mailman.2254.1176970007.7795.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: CHENG Gao @ 2007-04-17 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

*On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:26:31 +0100
* graham@gorgeous.org climbed out of the dark hell and cried out:

> I don't want to see articles which are crossposted to
> gmane.spam.detected.  How is this achieved?
>
> I'm using recent-ish CVS GNU Emacs.
>

> Graham

Below is what I borrowed from some NG article. Sorry I forgot who posted
this so I can not give credit now.

In Group buffer, “W e” to open all.SCORE, and put in

(
  ("xref"
    ;; Gmane helps remove spam.
    ("gmane.spam.detected" -1000 nil s)
  )
)

* Re: Killing/hiding news crossposted to gmane.spam.detected
@ 2007-04-19  7:55   ` graham
       [not found]   ` <mailman.2254.1176970007.7795.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: graham @ 2007-04-19  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

CHENG Gao <chenggao@gmail.com> writes:

> *On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:26:31 +0100
> * graham@gorgeous.org climbed out of the dark hell and cried out:
>
>> I don't want to see articles which are crossposted to
>> gmane.spam.detected.  How is this achieved?
>>
>> I'm using recent-ish CVS GNU Emacs.
>>

>> Graham
>
> Below is what I borrowed from some NG article. Sorry I forgot who posted
> this so I can not give credit now.
>
> In Group buffer, “W e” to open all.SCORE, and put in
>
> (
>   ("xref"
>     ;; Gmane helps remove spam.
>     ("gmane.spam.detected" -1000 nil s)
>   )
> )

What command is "W e" bound to?  It doesn't do anything in the Gnus I
am using.

Graham

@ 2007-04-19 13:27     ` CHENG Gao
From: CHENG Gao @ 2007-04-19 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

*On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:55:14 +0100
* graham@gorgeous.org climbed out of the dark hell and cried out:

> CHENG Gao <chenggao@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> *On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:26:31 +0100
>> * graham@gorgeous.org climbed out of the dark hell and cried out:
>>
>>> I don't want to see articles which are crossposted to
>>> gmane.spam.detected.  How is this achieved?
>>>
>>> I'm using recent-ish CVS GNU Emacs.
>>>

>>> Graham
>>
>> Below is what I borrowed from some NG article. Sorry I forgot who posted
>> this so I can not give credit now.
>>
>> In Group buffer, “W e” to open all.SCORE, and put in
>>
>> (
>>   ("xref"
>>     ;; Gmane helps remove spam.
>>     ("gmane.spam.detected" -1000 nil s)
>>   )
>> )
>
> What command is "W e" bound to?  It doesn't do anything in the Gnus I
> am using.

W e runs gnus-score-edit-all-score.
>From your message header I know you use Gnus 5.11, so it should work.

As I said in previous message, you need to do "W e" in *Group* buffer.

* Re: Killing/hiding news crossposted to gmane.spam.detected
@ 2007-04-19 19:04       ` graham
From: graham @ 2007-04-19 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

CHENG Gao <chenggao@gmail.com> writes:

> *On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:55:14 +0100
> * graham@gorgeous.org climbed out of the dark hell and cried out:
>
>> CHENG Gao <chenggao@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> *On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:26:31 +0100
>>> * graham@gorgeous.org climbed out of the dark hell and cried out:

>>> Below is what I borrowed from some NG article. Sorry I forgot who posted
>>> this so I can not give credit now.
>>>
>>> In Group buffer, “W e” to open all.SCORE, and put in
>>>
>>> (
>>>   ("xref"
>>>     ;; Gmane helps remove spam.
>>>     ("gmane.spam.detected" -1000 nil s)
>>>   )
>>> )
>>
>> What command is "W e" bound to?  It doesn't do anything in the Gnus I
>> am using.
>
> W e runs gnus-score-edit-all-score.
>>From your message header I know you use Gnus 5.11, so it should work.
>
> As I said in previous message, you need to do "W e" in *Group* buffer.

We must be using different versions of Gnus.  My gnus does not have a
command called gnus-score-edit-all-score.

I am using Gnus v5.11.

Graham

* Re: Killing/hiding news crossposted to gmane.spam.detected
@ 2007-04-19 20:11         ` Reiner Steib
       [not found]           ` <mailman.2280.1177019092.7795.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-04-19 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, Apr 19 2007, graham@gorgeous.org wrote:

> CHENG Gao <chenggao@gmail.com> writes:
>>>From your message header I know you use Gnus 5.11, so it should work.
>>
>> As I said in previous message, you need to do "W e" in *Group* buffer.
>
> We must be using different versions of Gnus.  My gnus does not have a
> command called gnus-score-edit-all-score.
>
> I am using Gnus v5.11.

`gnus-score-edit-all-score' is new in the current development version:

,----[ (info "(gnus)No Gnus") ]
|         * The `all.SCORE' file can be edited from the group buffer
|           using `W e'.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Killing/hiding news crossposted to gmane.spam.detected
@ 2007-04-19 21:39           ` graham
       [not found]           ` <mailman.2280.1177019092.7795.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: graham @ 2007-04-19 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>>> As I said in previous message, you need to do "W e" in *Group* buffer.
>>
>> We must be using different versions of Gnus.  My gnus does not have a
>> command called gnus-score-edit-all-score.
>>
>> I am using Gnus v5.11.
>
> `gnus-score-edit-all-score' is new in the current development version:
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)No Gnus") ]
> |         * The `all.SCORE' file can be edited from the group buffer
> |           using `W e'.
> `----
>
> Bye, Reiner.

OK, so can anyone tell me how I can do this in the Gnus v5.11?

@ 2007-04-19 21:54             ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2007-04-19 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:39:41 +0100, graham@gorgeous.org wrote:

> OK, so can anyone tell me how I can do this in the Gnus v5.11?

Open the file ~/News/all.SCORE and put the configuration you want
there. Then restart Gnus (if W f (gnus-score-flush-cache) in the
*Group* buffer is too new as well).

  Best regards,

--
 "Vi är små citroner"                                         Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

@ 2007-04-21  9:19     ` Slackrat
From: Slackrat @ 2007-04-21  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* graham@gorgeous.org a écrit
> CHENG Gao <chenggao@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> *On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:26:31 +0100
>> * graham@gorgeous.org climbed out of the dark hell and cried out:
>>
>>> I don't want to see articles which are crossposted to
>>> gmane.spam.detected.  How is this achieved?
>>>
>>> I'm using recent-ish CVS GNU Emacs.
>>>

>>> Graham
>>
>> Below is what I borrowed from some NG article. Sorry I forgot who posted
>> this so I can not give credit now.
>>
>> In Group buffer, “W e” to open all.SCORE, and put in
>>
>> (
>>   ("xref"
>>     ;; Gmane helps remove spam.
>>     ("gmane.spam.detected" -1000 nil s)
>>   )
>> )
>
> What command is "W e" bound to?  It doesn't do anything in the Gnus I
> am using.
>

> Graham

This seems to work well enough for me:

;; MAIL SPLITTING.
;; ##############

;; Zap Dupes
;; #########
(setq nnmail-treat-duplicates 'delete)

;; No crossposting
;; ie Quit distributing after first match
(setq nnmail-crosspost nil)

--
Slackrat [no 4q for direct email]
-

* Killing/hiding news crossposted to gmane.spam.detected
@ 2007-04-16 21:26 graham