* nnimap hangs on a bad server
@ 2004-02-08 18:18 Artem Baguinski
From: Artem Baguinski @ 2004-02-08 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello

i have such a bad connection: now and then it's dropped and various
applications suffer from it. one of the connection types that keeps
disappearing is connection to my primary imap server.

for a short time i tried to use pine and never really noticed that
connection disappears, then MozillaThunderbird and it kept saying:
"server has closed the connection" and finally GNUS and it simply
hangs now and then. my switching the mail/news reader had nothing to
do with this problem, i was looking for the one that acts like i want
and it seems to me gnus is the one. except for this annoying hanging.

i guess it's not gnus'es fault [ssh constantly disconnects saying
"connection reset by peer" if i don't attend it for some time and as
i said thunderbird was constantly complaining as well]. but still
it's very frustrating to have to kill emacs if typing the article
took too long.

is there a way to set some "timeout" afterwhich gnus would reconnect,
or somehting?

+ offtopic: if you know how to fix the cause, i'll appreciate it even
more...

--
gr{oe|ee}t{en|ings}
artm

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-02-08 18:18 UTC | newest]