* Gnus as mail reader, how do I move email to another mailbox ?
@ 2003-08-27 19:40 Joao
From: Joao @ 2003-08-27 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm using gnus to read e-mail.

I've been playing around with the mail-splitting rules in .gnus,
and it's beginning to work the way I want... but in the mean time,
I've received lots of e-mails that did not go where they should
have gone. And there's important stuff that I need to keep.

How can I move them around ? is there a command to copy an article
(that's an email, really) from one group (mailbox) to another ?

Of course, preserving the original date and sender is essential.

Thx,
joao

* Re: Gnus as mail reader, how do I move email to another mailbox ?
@ 2003-08-27 20:21 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2003-08-27 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27 Aug 2003 21:40:49 +0200, Joao wrote:

> How can I move them around ? is there a command to copy an article
> (that's an email, really) from one group (mailbox) to another ?

You can move email from one folder to another with B m. If you want to
copy (thus duplicating the email, so you probably don't want to) you
can use B c.

If you want to move multiple articles at once, you can process-mark
the articles with # first.

You can also ask Gnus to move the article according to your
split-rules by using B r. You can check what group it's going to end
up in with B q.

Check the description of the commands with C-h k <keystrokes> (in the
summary buffer) or read a little in the manual.

  Best regards,

--
 "I like maxims that don't                                    Adam Sjøgren
  encourage behavior modification"                       asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Gnus as mail reader, how do I move email to another mailbox ?
@ 2003-08-27 20:53 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2003-08-27 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joao <joao@teaser.fr> writes:

> I've been playing around with the mail-splitting rules in .gnus,
> and it's beginning to work the way I want... but in the mean time,
> I've received lots of e-mails that did not go where they should
> have gone. And there's important stuff that I need to keep.
>
> How can I move them around ? is there a command to copy an article
> (that's an email, really) from one group (mailbox) to another ?

Do you mean "move" (B m) or "copy" (B c)?  Or maybe you want to rerun
your fixed splitting rules on the current article (B r), or see what
splitting would do with it (B q)?

All of these commands are run from the summary buffer, and will run on
all marked articles or the current article if none are marked.  So to
respool every visible article in the current group, you could do
M P b B r.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell