* Re: emacs-nw and non ASCII characters
       [not found] <mailman.8683.1205189787.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2008-04-24 23:47 ` Gernot Hassenpflug
From: Gernot Hassenpflug @ 2008-04-24 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

giglio robbo' d'acciaio <dgiglio@iol.it> writes:

> Sometimes I use emacs through ssh or in pure console thus without X support,
> and I can't correctly insert chars like àèéìòù and so on (I'm italian). Is
> there any workaround?

Do you mean you have such characters on your keyboard, but pressing
the keys does not make the characters appear in the remote emacs
buffer? If that is the case, perhaps you can use the UTF-8 mode, like
so:

C-x 8 "u produces: ü

C-x 8 "s produces: ß

C-x 8 'u produces ú

C-x 8 `u produces ù

etc.
--
BOFH excuse #152:

My pony-tail hit the on/off switch on the power strip.

* emacs-nw and non ASCII characters
@ 2008-03-10 22:56 giglio robbo' d'acciaio
From: giglio robbo' d'acciaio @ 2008-03-10 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sometimes I use emacs through ssh or in pure console thus without X support,
and I can't correctly insert chars like àèéìòù and so on (I'm italian). Is
there any workaround?

Thanks in advance.
--
La fotosintesi e' quel processo che, di giorno, permette alle piante di
crearsi il cibo.  Di notte, invece, devono ordinare una pizza, come tutti