* Unique Splitting
@ 2005-05-29 14:36 Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2005-05-29 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Debian/sarge; gnus v5.10.17]

Has something changed in the way "splitting" works?

I *thought* that nnmail-split-methods was scanned for the first
match.  Then, the corresponding incoming article was saved.

But now, add'l matches are occurring and the same article is appearing
in other groups. Gnus-summary-respool-trace used to just show, e.g.,
"cron", but now it is showing "cron, root".

I want to put various emails (cron, logwatch, ...) from root to
specific folders ('cron', 'logwatch', ...). If the mail originating
from root doesn't match any of those, I want the letter filed in a
(plain) 'root' folder.

How can I have the splitting terminate after the first match?

I swear things changed within the last few weeks/ months ...
or maybe I'm just going crazy?  ;-)

Thanks for your help!
--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj

* Re: Unique Splitting
@ 2005-05-29 15:25 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2005-05-29 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> writes:

> I *thought* that nnmail-split-methods was scanned for the first
> match. Then, the corresponding incoming article was saved.

C-h v nnmail-crosspost

--
Johan Bockgård

* Re: Unique Splitting
@ 2005-05-30 17:59   ` Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2005-05-30 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

  jb> C-h v nnmail-crosspost

That was it!

I had "started from scratch" with 'gnus' on my home system (where the
duplicates were showing up), but forgot to set 'nnmail-crosspost' to
'nil' in ".gnus.el" (as *is* done on my office machine).

Thanks!

  -Kenneth