* Why can't I set organization?
@ 2004-10-30 18:52 Emre Sevinc
       [not found] ` <87oeijwxo0.fsf@pop-server.bigpond.net.au>
From: Emre Sevinc @ 2004-10-30 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can't set my "organization" as you can see
from the headers of the message. I've read FAQ
and created such a ~/.gnus file:

(gnus-compile)

(setq gnus-posting-styles
  '((".*"
      (name "Emre Sevinc")
      (address "emres@bilgi.edu.tr")
      (organization "Istanbul Bilgi University")
      (signature-file "~/.signature"))))

However when I'm composing a new message the headers
of the message template is created as:

Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.gnus
Subject: Why can't I set organization?
From: Emre Sevinc <emres@bilgi.edu.tr>

No reference to organization field as you can observe.
What am I doing wrong? How can I set my organization?

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

--
Emre Sevinc

eMBA Software Developer         Actively engaged in:
http:www.bilgi.edu.tr           http://ileriseviye.org
http://www.bilgi.edu.tr         http://fazlamesai.net
Cognitive Science Student       http://cazci.com
http://www.cogsci.boun.edu.tr

* Re: Why can't I set organization?
       [not found]           ` <877jp281ym.fsf@bilgi.edu.tr>
@ 2004-11-04 12:07             ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-11-04 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> message-setup-hook's value is (t)
> Local in buffer *posting on gnu.emacs.gnus*; global value is nil

[...]

> Does the above info give us a clue? It looks to be set to TRUE
> but I was not able to see whet it does (if it does something).

You seem to have done it correctly but it means the value of
`gnus-posting-styles' was completely ignored.  You will also
need to check the value of `gnus-posting-styles' (you can type
`C-h v' in any Emacs buffer).

Otherwise, you can set it explicitly for a trial.  To do that,
put the following Lisp form for example in the *scratch* buffer
and type the `C-j' key at the end of the line.

(setq gnus-posting-styles '((".*" (organization "Istanbul Bilgi University"))))

Isn't the Organization header inserted by this?

> Am I using the posting style? Well, do I have to do something
> else other than writing it in my ~/.gnus by
> writing (setq gnus-posting-styles ... ) file?

Codes other than the code for setting `gnus-posting-styles' in
the ~/.gnus file may have caused an error.  Did you see such a
message?  It may also be found in the *Messages* buffer as
follows:

Error in ~/.gnus: ***

I suspect the `(gnus-compile)' line in your .gnus file.

> I'm sorry for bothering so much but I'm simply confused
> and don't understand why organization field doesn't come up
> and I still cannot debug it.

Please never mind.