* mail goes to "ghost group"
@ 2004-10-04 10:30 Stefano Ghirlanda
       [not found] ` <m3zn32wd5e.fsf@MagnumOpus.khem>
From: Stefano Ghirlanda @ 2004-10-04 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

the subject means that all my incoming mail ends up in a group
mail.misc which is not mentioned in my mail splitting rule. The
history is as follows.

I decided to try spam.el in conjunction with bogofilter. I somewhat
carelessly pasted into my .gnus some configuration lines from
mygnus.org and I commented out my mail splitting rules. This did not
work and I tried to go back to my old mail splitting configuration.

When I did so, however, I could not see an incoming mail. Looking
under Mail I noticed a mail/misc directory where my messages were
being stored. I subscribed to mail.misc and there I saw all my
messages. All messages: my split method is not invoked. I once
(probably) had a mail.misc group but it was months ago.

Since I can see no mention of mail.misc in my .gnus or other files
(welle I see it in .newsrc.eld but I won't touch that one directly),
how can remove this group and tell gnus to go back using my split
method?

Here is the part of my .gnus I use for splitting (with mail addresses
replcced with "bogus"):

;;; mail splitting
(setq nnmail-crosspost nil)
(setq nnml-split-methods
      '(("spam" "From:.*bogus")
	("unibo" "From:.*bogus")
	("unibo" "From:.*bogus")
	("mail" "To:.*bogus")
	("mail" "Cc:.*bogus")
	("spam" "")))

Thanks,
Stefano

--
Stefano   | Department of Psychology, University of Bologna
Ghirlanda | Interdisciplinary cultural research, Stockholm University

* Re: mail goes to "ghost group"
       [not found] ` <m3zn32wd5e.fsf@MagnumOpus.khem>
@ 2004-10-05  7:06   ` Stefano Ghirlanda
From: Stefano Ghirlanda @ 2004-10-05  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Charles Phlip Chan" <cpchan@sympatico.ca> writes:

> On  4 Oct 2004, stefano.ghirlanda@unibo.it wrote:
>
>> Since I can see no mention of mail.misc in my .gnus or other files
>> (welle I see it in .newsrc.eld but I won't touch that one directly),
>
> mail.misc is the default group if nothing matches.
>
>> (setq nnml-split-methods...
>
> Shouldn't this be nnmail-split-methods?

Indeed! Thanks! Now everything works as intended.