* Re: andere signature für news und mail
       [not found] ` <spamdrop+m34r6gku4s.fsf@paven.bunk.cc>
@ 2003-03-07  7:53   ` upro
From: upro @ 2003-03-07  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jacob Bunk Nielsen <spam@bunk.cc> writes:

> upro <upro@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> ich möchte eine anere signature fpr news und mail verwenen und habe
>> befolgt, was in den gnus-FAQ steht:
>>
>> (setq gnus-posting-styles '(
>>  ((message-news-p)
>> ; Deine E-Mail-Adresse für Postings
>> (name "upro")
>> (address "upro@gmx.net")
>> (message-signature-file "~/.news_signature")
>> )
>>  ((message-mail-p)
>> (name "Michael")
>> (address "michael@web.de")
>> (setq message-signature-file "~/.signature")
>>  )
>
> Your parentheses doesn't match. Don't you get an error when starting
> Gnus?
>
> You need another two ')' at the end of the above expression.
>
>> aber das funktioniert nicht, zumindest nicht mit Ognus 0.15. Ich kann
>> so keine news message schreiben, nicht mit "a", nicht pber das Menü.
>
> What error message do you get?
>
>> Gibt es etwas wie (setq news-signature-file "~/.news_signature")
>> o. ä.?
>
> No, not as far as I know of. That's what posting-styles are for.
>
> Please write in english, this makes et much easier for almost
> everybody (my self included) to understand what your problem is.

Ooops  -   sorry for writing in German , that was a real lapsus :-o

I admit that I was stupid enough to post the lines from my .gnus.el
incorrectly. I reality my parentheses do match.

The original is:

(setq gnus-posting-styles '(
 (".*"
(name "Michael")
(OS "Slackware Linux 2.4.19")
 )
 ((message-news-p)
(name "upro")
(address "upro@gmx.net")
(organization "Slackers Home")
(message-signature-file "~/.news_signature")
 )
 ((message-mail-p)
(name "Michael")
(address "michael@web.de")
(message-signature-file "~/.signature")
 )
))

I tried it (again) with the hint from the gnus-FAQ - and heureka now
it works. I probably had some type of error (like parens ;-) ) in the
previous .gnus.el that made it not work (I did not get an error
message - just a beep.

Thanks anyway!

--
Michael

r-znvy: zvpunry.wryqra@jro.qr
ab fcnz

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-07  7:53 UTC | newest]