* Replying to one's own reply
@ 2014-11-21 10:00 Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2014-11-21 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

If someone sends me an email message, I reply and then want to reply
again with further information, what gnus function should I use?

If I do "resend edit" or "mail forward", I don't get the original
message quoted.

Currently I simply reply and have to remember to change the to-address
from my own to that of the other person.

Is there a better way?

Cheers,

Loris

* Re: Replying to one's own reply
@ 2014-11-21 11:04 ` Matthew Leach
From: Matthew Leach @ 2014-11-21 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: info-gnus-english

"Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> If someone sends me an email message, I reply and then want to reply
> again with further information, what gnus function should I use?
>
> If I do "resend edit" or "mail forward", I don't get the original
> message quoted.
>
> Currently I simply reply and have to remember to change the to-address
> from my own to that of the other person.
>
> Is there a better way?

I usually find my sent message and use
`gnus-summary-followup-with-original' which is bound to F.
--
Matt

* Re: Replying to one's own reply
       [not found]     ` <mailman.14241.1416566029.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2014-11-21 10:47       ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2014-11-21 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> writes:

> "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:
>
>> Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> writes:

>>> This works for me:
>>>
>>> S W runs the command gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original.
>>
>> This does what I want with regard to the quoting, but the "to" and "cc"
>> fields still need to be swapped.
>
> If you have your own mail address configured (IIRC with
> user-mail-address), gnus automatically removes it.  Otherwise, you can
> use C-c C-f t, "command message-reduce-to-to-cc" while editing the
> message and after S W.

Ah, "message-reduce-to-to-cc" was what I needed.

Thanks,

@ 2014-11-21 10:33     ` Alberto Luaces
       [not found]     ` <mailman.14241.1416566029.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2014-11-21 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)