* Choosing/Making Posting Style on the Fly?
@ 2007-01-05  8:33 Uber_Micro
       [not found] ` <mailman.2778.1168005997.2155.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Uber_Micro @ 2007-01-05  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been thinking that i wish to have the following behavoir.

When i am in *Group* i wish to be able to choose a posting style on
the fly, either by making one up, or by selecting one from a list.

Ok i know about (gnus-group-post-news 1), what i would like to have is
something that prompt me for some value for the posting style, with
defaults in place.

(defun gnus-post-flystyle ()
   "Make up a user from a post or grab one from gnus-posting-styles"
   (interactive)
   (promt-for-new-user-or-group ...
   (if (group)
        (send-group-name-to--gnus-group-news-1)
       (prompt-for-groupName-userAgent-sender-address))))

--
So I remember, (ispell-buffer)

* Re: Choosing/Making Posting Style on the Fly?
@ 2007-01-05 14:06 ` Tassilo Horn
       [not found] ` <mailman.2778.1168005997.2155.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-01-05 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uber_Micro <uber_microREMOVE@hushmail.com> writes:

Hi,

> When i am in *Group* i wish to be able to choose a posting style on
> the fly, either by making one up, or by selecting one from a list.

Then posting styles are not what you want. See Section "Alternate
Personalities" at [1]. Especially GnusAlias or GnusPers should fit your
needs better.

Bye,
Tassilo

Footnotes:
[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en?CategoryGnus
--
VI VI VI - The Roman Number Of The Beast

@ 2007-01-28  6:52   ` John Sullivan
From: John Sullivan @ 2007-01-28  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Uber_Micro <uber_microREMOVE@hushmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
>> When i am in *Group* i wish to be able to choose a posting style on
>> the fly, either by making one up, or by selecting one from a list.
>
> Then posting styles are not what you want. See Section "Alternate
> Personalities" at [1]. Especially GnusAlias or GnusPers should fit your
> needs better.

Actually, if I understand correctly.. You can choose posting styles from a list
on the fly. See:

,----[ C-h f gnus-summary-mail-other-window RET ]

`----

--