* Re: gnus, nnmaildir and OfflineImap
       [not found] <wm3ce5cici.fsf@nimrod.mnemonic.no>
@ 2003-10-26 15:38 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-10-26 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans-Christian Prytz <hcp_public@prytz.net> writes:

> I'm trying to set up a system where I use OfflineImap to syncronize a
> (actually deveral, but one at first) IMAP servers into maildir folders
> locally. I then want to read these with gnus.
> Has anyone gotten a setup like this to work properly?

I've thought about it, but then chosen another setup in a sitation
similar to yours.  My setup was to use the Gnus Agent.  These days, I
think it's sufficient to install Gnus 5.10.3 to get all the necessary
features, no CVS version required.

I think it's sufficient to say (setq gnus-user-agent t) in ~/.gnus.
Then you hit ^ and add all servers that you want to download to the
agent, using J a, I think.  (There should be a menu entry.)

I also changed the predicate of the default category.  By default, it
only downloads short articles.  Do J c to edit the categories, then
edit the predicate for the default category and replace short with
true.

And finally, I set gnus-agent-consider-all-articles, else it would
only download unread messages.

After this, you can try J u on a group to see what happens.  You can
then J j to go offline, enter the group and read a few messages.
After the test succeeds, J j to go online again.  Try J s to fetch all
groups.  This will take a while.

Also note that outgoing articles will be put in a queue, don't forget
to do J S (not J s) after going online to send out all queued
messages.

What do you think?

Kai

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-26 15:38 UTC | newest]