* sample - [dilbert@email.dilbert.com] Dilbert.com - Daily Strip Email
@ 2016-02-22  9:27 Saša Janiška
       [not found] ` <mailman.5338.1456133774.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Saša Janiška @ 2016-02-22  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

[-- Attachment #1: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 50658 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 0 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 48748 bytes --]

Those who are on this path are resolute in purpose,
and their aim is one. O beloved child of the Kurus,
the intelligence of those who are irresolute is many-branched.

* Re: sample - [dilbert@email.dilbert.com] Dilbert.com - Daily Strip Email
@ 2016-02-22  9:35 ` Saša Janiška
       [not found] ` <mailman.5338.1456133774.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Saša Janiška @ 2016-02-22  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Saša Janiška <gour@atmarama.com> writes:

> From: dilbert@email.dilbert.com To: gour@atmarama.net Subject:
> Dilbert.com - Daily Strip Email Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 04:45:13 -0600
> (1 week, 4 days, 22 hours ago)
>
> Dilbert - Daily Strip Email
>
>  This E-mail Edition was delivered to gour@atmarama.net because you have
>  subscribed to the free Dilbert Daily Newsletter

Now I'm really puzzled...Gnus renders images for the above forwarded
message, but the same message when seen within my nnimap account does
not render them. Any hint?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
It is far better to discharge one's prescribed duties, even though
faultily, than another's duties perfectly. Destruction in the course

* Re: sample - [dilbert@email.dilbert.com] Dilbert.com - Daily Strip Email
       [not found] ` <mailman.5338.1456133774.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2016-02-23  2:23   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-02-23  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saša Janiška; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Saša Janiška <gour@atmarama.com> writes:

> Now I'm really puzzled...Gnus renders images for the above forwarded
> message, but the same message when seen within my nnimap account does
> not render them. Any hint?

Are you reading the forwarded message as mail or as news?  Like I said,
images are not automatically displayed in mail, but they are in news.

And `W D W' works fine for me on that message, both in mail and news.
The images are displayed towards the end of the article, though, since
it's a table and shr doesn't display images inline in tables.

* Re: sample - [dilbert@email.dilbert.com] Dilbert.com - Daily Strip Email
@ 2016-02-23 10:17     ` Saša Janiška
       [not found]     ` <mailman.5489.1456222678.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Saša Janiška @ 2016-02-23 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Are you reading the forwarded message as mail or as news?  Like I said,
> images are not automatically displayed in mail, but they are in news.

Correct - in news forwarded message displays all the images, iow. logo,
cartoon itself and 3 more images - two of the author (Scott) and another
one of Paul with a green shirt.

> And `W D W' works fine for me on that message, both in mail and news.

Here - Gnus 5.13 it does not work in mail.

I see only one image of Scott, although when issuing 'W D W' I can see
other images for a brief moment.

Could it be it's problem with the renderer, older version of Gnus or
something else?

> The images are displayed towards the end of the article, though, since
> it's a table and shr doesn't display images inline in tables.

Ok, let me try with other renderer first...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities,
one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without

@ 2016-02-23 10:24       ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-02-23 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saša Janiška; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Saša Janiška <gour@atmarama.com> writes:

> I see only one image of Scott, although when issuing 'W D W' I can see
> other images for a brief moment.

That's odd.  Could you try downloading Emacs from git and see whether it
works better there?

@ 2016-02-23 10:33     ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2016-02-23 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> And `W D W' works fine for me on that message, both in mail and news.
> The images are displayed towards the end of the article, though, since
> it's a table and shr doesn't display images inline in tables.

Switching from 'shr to 'gnus-w3m solves it. Don't know what are some
further implications of it, but for now the problem is solved. ;)

Thank you for your assistance and even more for providing Gnus!!

The more I'm using it - the more I love it...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction,
is intelligent among men, and he is in the transcendental position,