* Gmail & Gnus
@ 2008-08-27 19:19 Flávio de Souza
From: Flávio de Souza @ 2008-08-27 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I am using GNUS to connect through imap and read my emails.

I use GMAIL with three email accounts, when I reply emails GMAIL uses the name of the account that received the email.

If the receiver try to reply the message, his response will be sent to the original email and not Gmail account.

I would like to have this kind of feature with GNUS too. Is it possible?

Besides that, I am trying to connect to my email archive in Gmail, but I only can connect to Inbox.

How do I select to get email from all-email folder?

Flávio.

* Re: Gmail & Gnus
@ 2008-08-28  8:27 ` Daiki Ueno
       [not found]   ` <mailman.18018.1220134601.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2008-08-28  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Flávio de Souza; +Cc: info-gnus-english

> Besides that, I am trying to connect to my email archive in Gmail, but
> I only can connect to Inbox.

> How do I select to get email from all-email folder?

Try (setq gnus-ignored-newsgroups "")

But if you are using non-English locale, you will not able to enter the
selected group.  In that case, also try the following advice after the
group selection:

(defadvice utf7-encode
  (before fix-multibyteness-for-gnus activate)
  (ad-set-arg 0 (string-as-multibyte (string-to-unibyte (ad-get-arg 0)))))

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: Gmail & Gnus
@ 2008-08-30 18:14   ` Flávio de Souza
       [not found]   ` <mailman.18018.1220134601.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Flávio de Souza @ 2008-08-30 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I would like to know how to reply a message in GNUS with the original email address,
since gmail gathers messages from three different accounts.

If I read a message from account-1@myprovider.com, when I reply GNUS sends the email by using gmail,
but I would like that the Reply-To field to be equal to account-1@myprovider.com.

I dont know if my explanation is good...

Any ideas?

flávio

* Re: Gmail & Gnus
@ 2008-09-05 13:27     ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2008-09-05 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

flaviostz@gmail.com (Flávio de Souza) writes:

> I would like to know how to reply a message in GNUS with the original email
> address,
> since gmail gathers messages from three different accounts.
>
> If I read a message from account-1@myprovider.com, when I reply GNUS sends the
> email by using gmail,
> but I would like that the Reply-To field to be equal to
> account-1@myprovider.com.
>
> I dont know if my explanation is good...
>
> Any ideas?

The following might be helpful if you know elisp, namely, select SMTP
server based on "To:" field.

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/MultipleSMTPAccounts

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org

* Re: Gmail & Gnus
       [not found]   ` <mailman.18018.1220134601.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2008-09-06 14:03     ` Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2008-09-06 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 30 Aug 2008, Flávio de Souza wrote:

> I would like to know how to reply a message in GNUS with the original
> email address, since gmail gathers messages from three different
> accounts.
>
> If I read a message from account-1@myprovider.com, when I reply GNUS
> sends the email by using gmail, but I would like that the Reply-To
> field to be equal to account-1@myprovider.com.

It 'sounds' like you want to know more about

gnus-posting-styles

I use that to change reply-to headers, gcc-archive folder, signature and
more based on what mail folder I happen to be workin in.

Gijs

* Re: Gmail & Gnus
@ 2008-09-25 21:45       ` Flávio de Souza
From: Flávio de Souza @ 2008-09-25 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Gijs Hillenius <gijsNSPM@hillenius.net> writes:

> On 30 Aug 2008, Flávio de Souza wrote:
>

>> I would like to know how to reply a message in GNUS with the original
>> email address, since gmail gathers messages from three different
>> accounts.
>>
>> If I read a message from account-1@myprovider.com, when I reply GNUS
>> sends the email by using gmail, but I would like that the Reply-To
>> field to be equal to account-1@myprovider.com.
>>

> It 'sounds' like you want to know more about
>
> gnus-posting-styles
>
> I use that to change reply-to headers, gcc-archive folder, signature and
> more based on what mail folder I happen to be workin in.
>
> Gijs

I have been trying to use gnus-posting-styles but it is not working.

I tried to put the following lines in my .gnus.el file:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '(
	(header "to" "myname@work.provider.com*"
		(signature-file "~/.emailtrab")
		(address "myname@work.provider.com")
		)))

I would like that if the email is sent to my work email address my reply would be with my work email address.
I would like to put it in the To field.

But I am not getting any results.

Any ideas? Could you post some examples of your posting styles?

Thanks again

Flávio.