* message bullet/lists
@ 2007-02-07 14:49 Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-02-07 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

When composing a mail in emacs/gnus is it possible to create an auto
numbering list/sequence of bullet points?

e.g

1 - read gnus manual
2 - install gnus
3 - figure out how to get a list like this

thanks for any info (clearly I dont want to use muse for this).

* Re: message bullet/lists
@ 2007-02-07 19:21 ` Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2007-02-07 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> When composing a mail in emacs/gnus is it possible to create an auto
> numbering list/sequence of bullet points?
>
> e.g
>
> 1 - read gnus manual
> 2 - install gnus
> 3 - figure out how to get a list like this
>
> thanks for any info (clearly I dont want to use muse for this).

Write the list:

- read gnus manual
- install gnus
- figure out how to get a list like this

Type: M-: (setq i 0) RET

Select the list, and type:

M-x replace-regexp RET \(.*\) RET \,(format "%3d %s" (incf i) \1) RET

  1 - read gnus manual
  2 - install gnus
  3 - figure out how to get a list like this

COMPONENT EQUIVALENCY NOTICE: The subatomic particles (electrons,
protons, etc.) comprising this product are exactly the same in every
measurable respect as those used in the products of other
manufacturers, and no claim to the contrary may legitimately be
expressed or implied.

* Re: message bullet/lists
@ 2007-02-11  1:02 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-02-11  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> When composing a mail in emacs/gnus is it possible to create an auto
> numbering list/sequence of bullet points?

Maybe you can use Org-mode, which comes with facilities for editing
numbered lists and then yank your list in your email.

--
Bastien