* Automatically selecting language for spellcheck
@ 2005-06-22 16:45 Mart van de Wege
From: Mart van de Wege @ 2005-06-22 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Minor question here: I read groups in multiple languages, and I would
like to be able to have the spellcheck automatically detect the group
and select the right dictionary.

I know this is possible, I've seen some code somewhere to do it, but
I've plain forgotten where and I can't find it anymore. Anyone have a
link?

Here's the general idea:

Group name         Dictionary
de.*               german
nl.*               dutch
default            british

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.

* Re: Automatically selecting language for spellcheck
@ 2005-06-22 19:50 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2005-06-22 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mart van de Wege <mvdwege.usenet@wanadoo.nl> writes:

> Minor question here: I read groups in multiple languages, and I would
> like to be able to have the spellcheck automatically detect the group
> and select the right dictionary.
>
> I know this is possible, I've seen some code somewhere to do it, but
> I've plain forgotten where and I can't find it anymore. Anyone have a
> link?

It's in the Gnus manual, see the Info node "Mail and Post".

* Re: Automatically selecting language for spellcheck
@ 2005-06-22 21:53   ` Mart van de Wege
From: Mart van de Wege @ 2005-06-22 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> Mart van de Wege <mvdwege.usenet@wanadoo.nl> writes:
>
>> Minor question here: I read groups in multiple languages, and I would
>> like to be able to have the spellcheck automatically detect the group
>> and select the right dictionary.
>>
>> I know this is possible, I've seen some code somewhere to do it, but
>> I've plain forgotten where and I can't find it anymore. Anyone have a
>> link?
>
> It's in the Gnus manual, see the Info node "Mail and Post".

Well damn.

Of course it is there. How did I overlook that?

Thanks!

@ 2005-07-10  0:06     ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2005-07-10  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mart van de Wege <mvdwege.usenet@wanadoo.nl> writes:
>> It's in the Gnus manual, see the Info node "Mail and Post".
>
> Of course it is there. How did I overlook that?

I've often found that the Gnus manual, while actually rather complete,
is oddly hard to find stuff in.  It's hard to say exactly why though...

-Miles
--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]